Pest Control Guide - Bed Bug Control in Indiana, Kentucky, & Illinois
Bed Bugs in the Home
- Adult bed bugs are reddish brown in color.
- They are 5-7 mm in length.
- They can be found anywhere, but most commonly found in bedding, mattresses and bed frames.
- Most active at night
- Dark spots on mattress
- Bites that appear with a red bump, itch, and form a straight line along a blood vessel.
- Fecal matter and eggs may also be present.
Bed Bug Control
- Inspect bedding before sleeping concentrating on the folds of the mattress.
- Inspect mattress, nightstand and headboard.
- Once bed bugs have been detected consideration to discard the mattress should be taken. The bed should be taken apart so treatment can be performed.
- The carpet area should be treated with a liquid insecticide mixed with an insect growth regulator.
- The bed frame and night stands should also be treated.
- Light sockets and electrical covers should be removed and dusted with an insecticide dust.
- If any bedding is to be kept it should be treated with Steri-fab prior to being placed back on the bed.
Swat Pest has worked with some extreme cases of bed bugs! Watch below, as we investigate and treat one infested home.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.