Pest Control Guide - Mosquito Control in IN, KY, & IL
- Mosquitoes vary in size from 1/8" to 3/8" depending on species.
- They develop in moist conditions to standing water.
- Eliminating water on the property is a critical control factor for mosquitoes.
- They are parasites of humans as well as various species of animals.
- Only the female bites and does so in order to lay eggs.
- Mosquitoes are vectors of many diseases including West Nile Virus and Encephalitis.
The Swat Pest Mosquito Treatment Program
Are you worried about Mosquitoes in your backyard this summer? Don't let pests ruin your afternoon! Call us... Watch Video
- Inspecting the property for water sources is critical.
- Once water sources have been determined the should be eliminated if possible.
- Areas that must have water such as bird baths or pools should have fresh water replaced often to prevent larvae development.
- Items that may store water accidentally should be stored as to not allow water to stand in them. Old tires, bottles, cups and other items should be removes and discarded.
- Treating the lawn can prevent adult mosquitoes from becoming a nuisance.
- Trees and shrub and other vegetation can be treated with a liquid insecticide to control mosquitoes.
- Areas of standing water can be treated with Pre-Strike to control developing mosquitoes.
- If going into an area where mosquitoes may be present wear an insect repellent containing DEET.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.