Pest Control Guide - Moths in Indiana, Kentucky, & Illinois
- Clothes moths are 3/8"- ½" in length.
- There are two types: the case making clothes moth and the webbing clothes moth. Both are similar in appearance.
- Both have a golden buff appearance with a brownish tinge.
- They feed on natural fibers including animal hides.
- Webbing or small spun insects cases may be found along with damage when dealing with these fabric pests.
- Case making and webbing clothes moths.
- Inspection should be performed to stored fabric items.
- Curtains and fabrics made of natural materials are the most at risk.
- If an item is determined to have clothes moths the item should be discarded.
- If the item is to be kept it should be dry cleaned only. Other forms of cleaning will not destroy the eggs of the clothes moth
- Liquid treatment is not needed.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.