Pest Control Guide - Termites in Indiana, Kentucky, & Illinois
Termites are one of the biggest problems facing homeowners in America, causing over two billion in damages each year. Subterranean Termites cause 95% of all termite damage in North America, while Drywood Termites can also pose a threat to your home.
EASTERN SUBTERRANEAN TERMITE
Don't let Termites take over your home! Call...
Termites are one of the largest problems facing homeowners in America, don't let them take over your home!... Watch Video
- EST have 3 castes within the colony: workers, solders and reproductives.
- Workers are 3/8" long and are white, similar to that of a fly larvae.
- Solders are slightly larger but have a squared head and yellow mandibles used for defending the colony.
- Swarmers are 3/8" in length but have two pairs of equal wings that extend back over their bodies. They are dark in appearance compared to the workers.
- Swarmers emerge in early spring to mate and start new colonies - they do not consume the wood.
- Workers are the only caste that actually eat and damage the wood. They eat the wood and feed it to the other castes within the colony that are unable to feed themselves.
- Treat the structure with approved termiticide prior to the structure being built (pre-treatment)
- Treat the soil underneath the structure where it will be placed.
- Treat under any concrete slabs that may be formed.
- Treat the hollow block foundation of the structure.
- Drill all appropriate locations such as block, slab, and porches and apply appropriate amount of termiticide.
- Trench exterior perimeter foundation 6" by 6" and apply appropriate amount of termiticide.
- Rod the soil with a termites soil rod and inject appropriate amount of termiticide.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.