Pest Control Guide - Ticks in Indiana, Kentucky, & Illinois
- There are several species of ticks and they vary greatly in size.
- Generally reddish brown in appearance.
- Ticks are vectors of disease including Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Lyme's disease.
- Ticks seek out a blood host by detecting carbon dioxide given off by the body.
- The find their host and insert their proboscis and begin to suck blood until fully engorged the females must have a blood meal before they may lay eggs.
- Lawn treatments with an approved pesticide will control tick populations.
- Keeping grass trimmed and landscape bushes and shrubs trimmed will help control tick populations.
- Having pets treated with an approved direct treatment will prevent infestation on the pet.
- Inspect all members of the family including pets often for ticks.
- For prevention use a product containing DEET
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.